Salon Dior Team
What You Should Do Before and After Getting Balayage Hair
Updated: 9 hours ago
Balayage is a form of hair colouring that has become increasingly popular in recent years. This technique creates a natural, sun-kissed look, making it an ideal choice for those looking to add subtle highlights or lowlights to their hair. If you are planning on having a Balayage treatment at a hair salon, there are certain steps that you should take both before and after the appointment to ensure that your hair looks its best:
What to Do Before and After Balayage Hair Salon Treatments
The balayage technique, wherein hair dye is hand-painted onto the hair to create subtle highlights and lowlights, has become increasingly popular in recent years. It can be a great way to add texture, color, and dimension to your hair and to keep your look fresh and modern. But before and after the procedure, you should take a few steps to ensure that the balayage lasts and looks its best.
Here are some tips on what to do before the salon visit:
1. Get a trim & deep condition. Your first step should be to go in for a trim and a deep conditioning treatment at least one week before your balayage appointment. A professional stylist can evaluate the condition of your hair and determine the length and amount of hair you should keep before the balayage process.
2. Schedule an at-home treatment. After the trim and deep conditioning treatment, schedule an at-home treatment two days before the balayage appointment. This will ensure that your hair is totally hydrated and free from any product build-up.
3. Avoid products containing silicones. Silicones are not good for hair. On the day of your balayage appointment, avoid shampoo, conditioner, or any styling products that contain silicones.
4. Choose your color wisely. You want to choose a color that compliments your natural hair color and suits your skin tone. If you’re unsure what color to choose, it’s always a good idea to consult a professional for their opinion.
Taking good care of your hair after the balayage salon visit is important. Here are some tips on what to do after the balayage appointment:
1. Wait three days before shampooing. For the best results, wait three days before shampooing your balayage-treated hair. This will give the hair dye time to settle and allow the cuticles to fully close and “lock” the color in.
2. Use a sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner. After the waiting period is over, use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to preserve the color and condition of your balayage hair.
3. Utilize heat protection. Heat styling your balayage hair can cause damage over time. To minimize the damage, use a thermal protection spray and/or a hair oil before blow-drying, curling, or flat-ironing the hair.
4. Schedule regular trims. To keep your balayage hair looking its best, it’s important to get regular trims and treatments. Schedule a trim and deep conditioning treatment every six to eight weeks to keep the hair healthy and hydrated.
Hair trends come and go, but balayage is one style that never seems to go out of style. Not only is it a beautiful way to update your look without a drastic change, it can also be done quickly and with minimal downtime. If you're interested in trying balayage, make sure to take note of the tips we shared here to ensure your balayage looks amazing. You should also go to a reputable salon in your area for the best results! Schedule your balayage appointment today!